2009 Competitive Goal Events:

  • *Greenbriar Marathon-4/09
  • *Mohican 100-5/09
  • *Massanutten XXC-6/09
  • *Tour d Burg-7/09
  • *Wilderness 101-8/09
  • *Shenandoah 100-9/09
  • *Revenge of the Rattlesnake-9/09
  • *2009 LaRuta-Costa Rica-11/09

Monday, July 21, 2008

WVMBA-Valley Falls

After hours of driving from Vermont, the nap at the truck stop and a hurried trip to a real bed, I was up early in MoTown and quickly found the Starbucks. What a good start to a day away from home:-)

The short drive to Valley Falls was nice, the park pretty quaint, hiding all the hills very well as we drove in. Rumor was this one had some climbing, so I wondered what to expect as Valley Falls hasn't been on WVMBA in the last few years.

We roll in and since this race isn't too far of a drive, we see a few more Pgh faces than usual. How nice! It's just Mandi and me for the women ex , Betsy (the usual winner) decided a recovery day was needed after she did really well in Vermont. I knew I was tired but thought this would be a good race for me with the climbing. I soon found out that was dead wrong. The start was a climb and I fell back faster than usual, even the sport pack caught me in what seemed like shorter time than usual. Bummer. This was going to be a long day!

2-1/2 laps later I was suffering to finish, but even that would give me a well needed 19 points for the series, so I rolled in 16 min behind Mandi, glad to be done!

This was a fun (and could have been fast) course, see the write up for more info and a bit of press DH riders got! http://iplayoutside.com/Events/2008/07/10567c.html

No comments: