2009 Competitive Goal Events:

  • *Greenbriar Marathon-4/09
  • *Mohican 100-5/09
  • *Massanutten XXC-6/09
  • *Tour d Burg-7/09
  • *Wilderness 101-8/09
  • *Shenandoah 100-9/09
  • *Revenge of the Rattlesnake-9/09
  • *2009 LaRuta-Costa Rica-11/09

Sunday, May 3, 2009

WVMBA-Mountwood

Mountwood Park is an old fav. But also usually a muddy fav. I was not sure I was wanting to deal with Mountwood or any course in the spring mud again. After 4 years of racing with rim brakes, god knows how, but I am finally tired of it. I want to have brakes that work ALL the time!

Regardless I head down the night before, camp out at Mountwood with some WV peeps in the rain, do a short evening ride, and get up ready for a mudfest. It is just as suspected, a slippery mess. I hang in for awhile, back and forth with Mandi R. and Meredith while the faster chicks are already way ahead. Eventually I fall behind to the point that some sport men that usually don't pass me are passing me. That doesn't even get my butt moving, I know something isn't on, so I settle for just finishing for today and even that proved to be a struggle. Well, so far this year is not going too well! Can only get better:-)

Thanks to WVMBA for another good event, despite bad weather!

No comments: