2009 Competitive Goal Events:

  • *Greenbriar Marathon-4/09
  • *Mohican 100-5/09
  • *Massanutten XXC-6/09
  • *Tour d Burg-7/09
  • *Wilderness 101-8/09
  • *Shenandoah 100-9/09
  • *Revenge of the Rattlesnake-9/09
  • *2009 LaRuta-Costa Rica-11/09

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Time For 2009-Let the Fun Begin!!!!

Spring is officially here and bikers are out in full force. This is always exciting because first races set the bar for yourself, and can end up affecting your entire season plans if not as expected. This year I have set a few different types of goals, and so have not yet been racing the few options that have come up already.

My largest 2009 Goal is to finish the LaRuta 2009. Since this is not until November, the whole year will pretty much be centered around getting ready for this.

If there is one thing I always pictured in my mind to be perfect bliss, it would be a long foot/bike adventure through a jungle (or possibly other dangerous terrain) doing as much self-support as I could. Although LaRuta is notoriously brutal, it does have a large field & some support, so I feel it's a safe venue to attempt. If this goes well, I hope to next spring attempt a more multi-day events. Thanks to Justin for agreeing to go on this trip with me even though I don't think it was ever on his list of thing to do!

Looking forward to April now, as in a few weeks I will finally hit a few races and start getting the summer schedule logged in.

No comments: