2009 Competitive Goal Events:

  • *Greenbriar Marathon-4/09
  • *Mohican 100-5/09
  • *Massanutten XXC-6/09
  • *Tour d Burg-7/09
  • *Wilderness 101-8/09
  • *Shenandoah 100-9/09
  • *Revenge of the Rattlesnake-9/09
  • *2009 LaRuta-Costa Rica-11/09

Sunday, April 19, 2009

WVMBA-Big Bear

First race, used a demo Cannondale Scalpel.

The bike is nice, smoothest ride I ever had for rocky downhills, but being used to stiff ride I couldn't get the hang of climbing on this, and just myself did not have the patience to keep trying. Otherwise, a very nice 14" deal is sitting down at the shop:-)

Overall this race went crappy for me. I was not motivated from the get go, had some bad karma following me around, and the demo bike and me were not bonding. I knew this all from the start so just dealt with it in order to force myself to get an initial 'race' under my belt and hopefully jump start my motivation for the year a little by getting to see some race friends and chat for a bit.

Congrats to all the peeps who did well! This is a large turn out since close drive to the burg.
Thanks to Race Director Mark for the Big Bear trail system as always, and WVMBA.

No comments: